Destash: So long, Simplicity!

September 27, 2010

Regular readers may know that Simplicity patterns and I don’t get along. Well, my loss is your gain. I’ve finally got around to de-Simplicitifying my vintage pattern stash, and my discards are all up for grabs on Etsy.¬†Head on over to the CargoCultCraft shop!*

* Don’t worry, I’m not setting up as an Etsy tycoon… this is just my online garage sale.

Highlights of the Great Simplicity Purge include:

• This lovely two-piece dress with peplum and gathered bodice:

• …and some other random patterns I’ve decided to release back into the wild, including vintage kids’, nightwear and plus-size patterns.

Hope to see you over there!

1. January 15, 2013 11:32 pm

Your blitz blouse is gorgeous!

2. Rosesred permalink
    January 12, 2011 9:15 am

Hi, I always enjoyed reading about your coupon project, and was wondering how that was going, now that 2010 is over. Whether you to your initial agreement with yourself or went over it, I greatly enjoyed reading your exploits.

3. December 16, 2010 12:19 am

Oh I miss your posts so much, come back and entertain us! Hope you are ok, and just busy.

4. November 18, 2010 12:34 pm

I was re-reading old homesickness posts and ran across part of your comment from April

“Making things and blogging about them is what tips the balance for me between hideous depression/loneliness/homesickness and comparative sanity. I never thought of it explicitly as occupational therapy, but I guess that’s what it is, so thank you for that insight… and for that beautiful passage from 2 Corinthians. It helps to remember that personal happiness isn’t always the most important thing. ”

It made me smile and miss your posts.

5. dawn s permalink
    October 23, 2010 4:48 am

Susannah, I miss you!

6. September 30, 2010 10:25 am

I adore that blouse. Such a cool picture.

7. September 28, 2010 7:58 pm

Well as much as you don’t get on with Simplicity patterns, your creations are just gorgeous!

• Susannah permalink*
      September 29, 2010 12:33 pm

Oh, thanks! And I do have the consolation of a learning experience.

8. September 28, 2010 6:54 pm

“de-Simplicitifying” – Ha!

9. September 28, 2010 3:31 pm

I’m so happy that I discovered this through your blog! As you can see from http://frkbustad.blogspot.com/2009/11/novemberprosjektet.html I had plans with this pattern myself, but the seller sendt me the wrong pattern! It’s great to see that you’ve made it as well. Can’t wait to rock around in this shirtwaist dress!

• Susannah permalink*
      September 29, 2010 12:33 pm

Awesome! I will be keeping an eye out for the results. Something about this dress just cries out for loud, fun fabrics.