Download: Make & Mend for Victory (both parts)

March 18, 2010

As promised, here is the second installment of Make & Mend for Victory. And, for those of you who missed the chance to download part 1, I’ve uploaded it again. Good news! These downloads will be available indefinitely.

In this episode: crochet your own accessories, cut down a man’s suit to make a woman’s, and remake men’s shirts and old dresses into clothes for women and children. Plus basic sewing and pressing tips.

Enjoy!

1. Sarah permalink
    May 16, 2012 4:41 pm

Have you thought about doing something similar with the First World War era? In many ways it was more challenging. The second world war found the British people more prepared for the austerity in food and household goods. There are some WWI knitting patterns on the Web but I haven’t spent time yet looking for sewing patterns, beyond the newer line of patterns for sale.

2. catslitterbox@gmail.com permalink
    October 25, 2011 7:25 pm

Just a note to say “Thank you” for the PDF of “Make do and Mend”. I really appreciate it.
    with kindest regards
    Catriona

3. deridre permalink
    January 23, 2011 5:32 pm

I love the book make and mend but could I please ask you for a reprint of page 28 as some of the pattern is missing because of how it is folded love the book though
    yours deridre

4. Rebecca permalink
    April 21, 2010 10:07 am

Thank you so much! I will enjoy reading these, and hope to put them to good use.

Here via Casey’s blog.

5. April 17, 2010 4:13 am

oh bless you for such a wonderful vintage DYI! Crochet is one of the few fiber arts I am okay at and don’t dislike doing (sorry, I want to love sewing but I just can’t find the patience in my heart). Thanks sooo much!
    melina bee

6. April 16, 2010 11:53 am

First many thanks for your great blog! i love it!

Now i have downloaded this pdfs. But my Viewer tells me its invalid and doesnt open it.
    Has anybody this problem too?

• Susannah Gill permalink
      April 16, 2010 12:14 pm

Oh no! I will look into this ASAP.

• Susannah permalink*
        April 19, 2010 11:39 pm

Jacki,

The PDF is working fine for me — could the problem be with your viewer?

7. March 28, 2010 3:21 am

This is fabulous! I just found your blog and am now a follower.

8. March 23, 2010 7:26 pm

Oh, thank you so much for taking the time to do this! I missed the last oppurtunity, so I’m very glad you’ve uploaded both parts.
    This will be great for reading during Easter!

9. Jennifer permalink
    March 22, 2010 3:53 pm

I’m one of those who missed the first go..

Thanks so much for all the work you have done. It’s very much appreciated.

10. March 21, 2010 9:07 pm

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this, I for one (more) really appreciate it.

Toria

11. March 20, 2010 2:38 pm

thank you so much! I’m so excited to be able to see and read these in full glory. Must have been a right chew on, all that scanning, but it is very much appreciated

12. Inky permalink
    March 19, 2010 7:40 pm

Thank yo so much for sharing this with us!! you’re fabulous to do all that scanning!!

13. March 19, 2010 12:13 pm

Oh wow! Thank you again for sharing these with us; I know all that scanning can be a ton of work. ;)

♥ Casey
    blog | elegantmusings.com

14. March 18, 2010 11:54 pm

Thanks so much for uploading these!

15. March 18, 2010 10:47 pm

ohh, thanks for sharing this.

16. March 18, 2010 7:54 pm

Thank y0u!! I appreciate being able to download the first one too.

17. March 18, 2010 7:37 pm

Thanks for the upload. This will be a great weekend read.

Trackbacks