Bestway 20602: Choosing a fabric
So… I want to make this WW2-era day dress (main view, short sleeves) for summer, but I suck at picking fabrics to suit a project. Which fabric should I use?
- I have a vision for this dress. I want to make the central panel in cream and the side panels in green, kind of like this. I am prepared to buy a white or cream fabric and dye it to suit.
- This is an English summer we’re talking about, so keeping cool in the dress will be less of an issue than keeping warm.
- A washable fabric would be nice.
- The bodice has to ruche, but the skirt has to pleat.
- I am not that stressed about using a period-accurate fabric.